Thursday 26 March 2009

Thursday (Day 5)

Up bright and early to get down to the airfield for some more ground handling whilst the wind was down nice and low. For me it was a few forward launches (which all went well), followed by some reverse launches, which also went as well as could be. We managed to get about 2.5 hours in before the wind kicked up and it was then a return to the house in readiness for a presentation by Witters on a subject that escapes me as I tap this out. Hopefully the wind will drop down later today, meaning we can all get back out to the field. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to use Alan's motor later to try out a hang test, but we will see.

Special mentions have to go to Eddie, who completed a cross-country (which we are never going to hear the end of - apparently he downed a couple of Messerschmitts on the way back to base....) and Ken, who also completed another solo this morning. I half expect both David and Tim to take to the air by the time we finish tomorrow, but in all honesty I can't see myself getting airborne, but you never know - miracles do sometimes happen.

For me, throughout the many highs and lows of this week I have learnt much more than I have given credit for. My launches this morning were generally good and I have started being able to keep the wing above my head, which of course helps a great deal if you want to fly with it! As I say, hopefully we'll get back out there later today and I can push on from there.

My one overriding thought so far today? I need a good shave!

No comments:

Post a Comment