Wednesday 4 March 2009

Only Sixteen Days To Go....

... and the anticipation is getting far too great! I posted on the paramotorclub.org forum today that the last time I was so nervous/excited/looking forward to something all at one time was before I married Donna almost twenty-three years ago. The days are being ticked off and the 21st March can’t come around quick enough.

The topic of conversation at home has changed and whereas before it usually revolved around our kids discussing the merits of the latest CD’s by “You Me At Six”, “Metro Station”, “The Blackout” or any other band I’ve never heard of, now the tables have turned and it is me discussing (or rather stating) the merits of my SpeedAir helmet, whether I have the right colour flying suit and so on. The kids and their musical preferences are no longer a match for paramotor training in France!

So I’m running through my checklist of what I am taking with me and it looks like David and Tim, the two guys sharing the car down to Airvault, are going to be restricted to a small bag each (only joking fellas!). The TomTom already has the site programmed into the memory and I’m waiting. Isn’t it funny how time always drags just when you don’t want it to?!

Ah well, only sixteen days to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment