Thursday 25 February 2010

It's Been A Year...

Well, as Al Murray is often fond of saying, "it's been a year". Almost - 49 weeks to be precise since I was over in Airvault in France, learning how to connect a wing onto a harness, get the thing in the air and keep it (safely) up there. Just this Monday I finally collected my new paramotor and wing from Parajet, am looking to get myself orientated with my new equipment and wondered how best to keep a record of it. I was going to use facebook, but my good friend Quek reminded me of the blog I started for Airvault, so after finally remembering which e-mail address I used and what my password was, I managed to get access and will keep a record here of my progress.

It seems strange to be doing this because after the crap year I had in 2009 in just about every way possible, well I really didn't think that I'd ever bother with paramotoring again. Anyway it doesn't help to dwell on the past, so my family pestered me to buy the kit I needed, the Brussels Collective chose the colour scheme for my wing and I parted with more money than is polite to order the kit from Parajet.

So onwards and upwards it is. I'll use this blog to keep up-to-date on my ground-handling progress, firing up the paramotor for the first time, the remainder of my training and the inevitable hospital visits!

1 comment: